EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES at Whippoorwill Farm
Stay tuned for more listings at Whippoorwill Farm or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whippoorwill Farm seeks enthusiastic, committed field hands for the 2013 growing season. Full-season (May through October) and summer (June through August) positions are available.
Positions are full-time. At the height of the season (June through August), hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, farming is highly variable work and some days you will be required to work longer, until the job is done. Other times, work may be less than full days. Occasional half-days on Saturdays may be required.
Responsibilities include all aspects of commercial vegetable production including:
- Greenhouse work: seeding, transplanting and watering seedlings. Pruning and stringing tomato plants.
- Field work: transplanting seedlings, hand and hoe cultivation, irrigation setup and maintenance.
- Harvesting crops for 200+ member CSA, farmers’ market, retail and wholesale.
- Occasional help with farm maintenance and marketing responsibilities may be required.
- Previous commercial farm experience strongly preferred.
- Experience performing physical labor. Must be able to perform physically strenuous work in a variety of weather conditions (sun, heat, rain, etc.) and work at an efficient pace. Must be able to lift 65 lbs. and carry it a short distance.
- A demonstrated interest in farming, a passion for vegetables and a genuine commitment to local, sustainable agriculture.
- Must be reliable, dependable and have a keen eye for detail and quality control. Must be able to follow instructions effectively.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com (preferred), or mail to P.O. Box 719, West Tisbury, MA 02575. Please include your dates of availability and contact information for 2-3 references in your application.
Hiring will begin in March and continue until positions are filled. Please apply early for full consideration.